Spain 2017 Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the early registration discount date? June 15th .
2. What is the due date for full payment? September 1st
3. How many schools in Jaen are ready to partner? There is one high school and one university. In the past schools who develop partnerships have
collaborated on joint trips.
4. Is participation in the trip a commitment to create and maintain a partnership, in addition to
reciprocating for Jaen visitors to Indiana? This is a valuable opportunity for developing an ongoing partnership, but no, this is not a
5. If someone is simply interested in participating in the trip to go for the travel experience, is
that acceptable? Yes.
6. How do I sign up? The application is available on the Global Indiana Website at: www.globalindianainc.org/spain
Payment is made via a check.
7. Is a trip extension possible? Yes. Please contact us prior to July 1 for this possibility.
8. What sort of fundraising assistance is available? Participants receive help creating a fundraising letter with photographs as a first step. This can
be published online or printed. We then distribute that to as many interested supporters as possible. For example, teachers have put together a list of 25 possible supporters, including their local education foundation. Others have used this to start a GoFundMe or Donors Choose site. Event support is also available.
9. If spouses stay together, will they be able to stay in the same home together? Yes.
10. What is the itinerary? We plan to fly to Madrid and spend a day and night there before flying to Granada. The majority of the time will be spent in Jaen, with housing in private homes. We will visit the school and university in order to exchange ideas and make connections with school administrators and teachers. There will be many
activities for enjoying the rich culture of this Andalusian area with visits to cultural, historic and agricultural sites. Sightseeing in Granada and the Alhambra is also included.